GunTab WooCommerce plugin
Have a WooCommerce store where you sell firearms, ammo, parts or accessories? Allow your customers to safely checkout by adding the "GunTab Payment Gateway" plugin.
Why use the plugin?
WooCommerce "plugins" allow you to enable third-party checkout options for your store. For example, there are plugins for PayPal and Stripe. However, PayPal, Stripe, and all other payment platforms strictly prohibit firearm and ammo transactions. GunTab Payment Gateway is the only WooCommerce plugin that allows your customers to checkout for firearms, ammo, parts and accessories.
What are the requirements?
How does the plugin work?
When you have the plugin installed, your customers will see an option to "Pay with GunTab" on your checkout page. If your customer chooses that option, they will be directed to www.GunTab.com to complete their transaction. They will be asked to:
- Review and approve the transaction details a final time.
- Select an FFL if the transaction requires transfer, or enter a shipping address otherwise.
- Enter a payment method.
If your customer already has a GunTab account, they can simply log in and breeze through these steps using pre-filled information.
After GunTab has sufficiently verified the transaction, we process the payment. After the payment has been processed we send you shipping instructions. After your disbursement has been issued we sent you confirmation. Your order in WooCommerce will be automatically updated at each step.
How can I install the plugin?
It's pretty easy. Just follow these steps:
In Wordpress, add the
GunTab Payment Gateway plugin.
- Plugins > Add New > Search plugins > "GunTab"
- Click to "Install Now", then click to "Activate" so the plugin can be configured.
Account > Webhooks
and create a production API token.
In Wordpress, copy-paste that token into your WooCommerce plugin configuration.
- WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > GunTab Payments > Manage > Production API token
- If you want to test the plugin, also create a non-Production API token in GunTab and copy-paste that into "Test API token" in your WooCommerce plugin configuration.
- In your WooCommerce plugin configuration, copy the "webhook URL" (GunTab Payments > Tools). In GunTab, go to Account > Webhooks to add a webhook endpoint, and paste the webhook URL from WooCommerce.
If you are ready to begin accepting orders through GunTab,
enable production mode in Wordpress:
- WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > GunTab Payments > Enable test mode? > No
- GunTab Payments > Settings > Is your website currently public? > Yes
If you encounter any trouble, please follow this troubleshooting checklist:
- Confirm your API token is a "production" token and the value was copy-pasted correctly, with no extra spaces.
Confirm all WooCommerce settings are set for production/public (and not test) in both of these locations:
- WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > GunTab Payments
- GunTab Payments > Settings
- Confirm you are logged out of GunTab when making your checkout request.
Confirm your PHP configuration allows outbound connections.
- Check for errors by going to GunTab Payments > Log. The entry at the bottom of the file is the most recent. The first line of the entry usually has information about the exact problem. For example, the message "HTTP Token: Access denied" means GunTab does not consider your API token to be valid. If there is no message, your PHP configuration may not allow outbound connections.